My first GRW post as a momma to two under two! Phew…it’s been an eventful week already:
- Although it was only less than two years ago that I had an infant around…I totally forgot how much work it is! Ellie is SUCH a sweet baby, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t need to eat every 2-3 hours, and has constant diaper changes and when she is awake just wants to be held. Which is all wonderful and normal…but with a busy and demanding toddler this makes things a little…difficult. I know this is a short season in the big picture—but I have learned this week that life is not going to be just how I want it to be all the time. And that’s ok…just takes a lot of getting used to.
- I don’t know if I mentioned what a HUGE, amazing help my husband was last week. Andrew completely took the reigns from me as I recovered and was truly super dad. He and Charlotte had the best time—they went golfing (!), swimming, to Gymboree, out for ice cream. Andrew helped with the laundry and grocery shopping, and I was so thankful for the extra pair of hands. I love him more and more each day. Watching him become this amazing dad to our girls just makes me so proud :)
- Speaking of Andrew…he unfortunately came down with a terrible cold. Me, being the paranoid momma of two under two, kinda freaked out about the girls getting sick so we are at my parents for the day/night. I wish I could do it all and be home to take care of him too, but it’s important for our little’s to stay healthy right now!
- So now that I’m not pregnant, I can finally have a glass or two of wine! And would you believe I have absolutely no desire right now?? I think the sleep deprivation, nursing around the clock and constant on the go I just haven’t wanted a glass of wine. I’m sureee that will change soon ;)
- I can’t say enough how grateful I am for friends and family during this time. We have had so many friends bring us meals and diapers, I am overwhelmed with gratitude. And of course—for our wonderful families. My mom and mother-in-law have been MORE than helpful watching Charlotte, helping with laundry, and coming over with flowers or groceries. God has truly, truly blessed our family. In so many amazing ways!