It’s mid-week! And if you’re 9.5 months pregnant like me (haha…) then you are probably living each day like it’s your “last”. Each day I wonder if this is IT—here is what’s on my racing mind these days:
- Tomorrow I will be at 39 weeks. 39 weeks means that I made it further than I did with Charlotte who was born exactly at 39 weeks. The first time around, I would have loved that extra week to “get ready”. This time around, I know what is coming and how special it is—AND I’m really over being pregnant. COME ON BABY! (oh, and I’m DYING to find out if we have a little boy or a little girl. Dying.)
- We have recently purchased all new furniture. A new mattress (desperately needed), and yesterday we received a new sofa. It’s bigger than our old hand me down—and I love it! We are waiting on our new swivel arm chair to arrive, and then we will really start looking like grown ups. It was time for a change (thanks mom for your help!).
- I’m very excited because this weekend Andrew and I have a date night planned. We are seeing The Dark Knight Rises (filmed in Pittsburgh!) and having dinner. I realized today that we haven’t seen a movie in theaters together since before Charlotte was born! It’s the little things, but I’m really looking forward to some time alone together.
- Yesterday poor Charlotte fell at the pool. It was actually my fault—I was putting her swimmy on, and she leaned forward and I pulled her back and she fell FLAT on her face! Blood everywhere and lots of screams. It was pretty scary, I was worried she lost a tooth or would need stitches. But she was a trooper and ended up with a fat lip that looks so sad! We ended up staying at the pool anyway and had a fun time :)
- You know something that has really been bothering me? People (in general) do not say please, thank you, or “how can I help you?” anymore. I have dealt with some very RUDE people this week and it makes me sad. What happened to manners? This makes me realize how important it is to teach your children to be respectful all the time, and to always say “please” and “thank you”. I know my Granny would agree.
Have a great week, friends. I wonder if this may be my last GRW until Baby 2 or if I will be back next week?!