I know this post is coming VERY close to Mother’s Day, but luckily everything on it is either free, or easy to give.
1. A day “off”. This might sound selfish, ridiculous and annoying to many people…but as a mom to a busy toddler, and being 29 weeks pregnant, I need some REAL “me time”. Not just a few hours in the evenings after cleaning up 800 toys, the kitchen, and putting dinner away…but a day where I don’t have a time frame, and can just relax. Alone.
**I would hope this goes without saying—but I love, love, love my daughter and being a mom. Wanting some time to myself doesn’t change that!**
2. A Starbucks strawberry banana smoothie. SO yummy, and caffeine free so I can really indulge with this one—ha!
3. A handmade card from my sweet 19 month old. Am I allowed to ask for this? Charlotte loves making crafts, and we make them all the time for other people…but I would really love one from her to me. Hint, hint…
4. A sunny, 70 degree weather weekend spent outside. The only person who can give this to me is God—so I will be praying for it!
5. Steak on the grill. I’m craving steak right now…and apparently I have low iron, so this is a gift for me AND baby #2!
6. Church with my family, followed by a family walk around town. My favorite.
7. No temper tantrums, picky eaters, or whining! ;)
8. A pedicure. OK, this one is NOT free…but given the fact that I can’t reach my toes at the moment, and summer is just around the corner, I would really like a nice pedicure.
9. A new CAR! Haha…kidding. Well…not kidding..but this one is a stretch for M-day.
10. Kisses, hugs, love and cuddles from the little girl who made me a mommy. If this is the only gift I get this weekend, I will smile 100% of the time. There is no greater blessing than motherhood <3.