I really haven’t talked much about the wedding on the good old blog—but that doesn’t mean I’m not incredibly excited for it! I think I have just had so much going on in the past few months, and I really do try to keep this blog 90% Charlotte related…but now that we are 4 days away, I thought I would share some wedding/relationship “stuff”.
Most of you know the story about us. I’m not going to bore anyone with all the mushy details, but the past (almost) 2 years have been an amazing rollercoaster of events that have led us to our big day this Saturday, October 1. I think the main difference for Andrew and me compared to other couples who are on the pathway to marriage, is we have already had to go through all the “tough stuff” as an un-married couple, which has honestly made things a little tricky. We have worked hard in our relationship, and looked to God for support and guidance, and in the end our wedding day will really be a big celebration of everything we have overcome in the past 2 years, and the official joining of our families. Also—I will finally have the same last name as my daughter! This is major excitement for me :)
Andrew and I have really grown up together in our relationship. We will obviously continue to grow and change in our relationship, spiritually, mentally (hopefully NOT physically!), and as parents. Some people may think we have done things the “wrong” way, or backwards…and while we have not gone the tradiational route of 1-marriage 2-career/home 3-baby…our life is exactly how it was supposed to be. I wouldn’t change a thing, and I feel so blessed to be able to walk down the aisle towards a man I admire so much, love with all my heart, and have the best time in the world with (most) everyday. Not only that—but we are blessed to be able to share our day with the other love of our lives—Charlotte Grace.
On Saturday I will marry the love of my life, and our family of 3 will be joined under God at our church with all of our friends and family surrounding us. What an amazing celebration it will be. 4 days and counting!
I decided before I dive into all our wedding chaos, I wanted to write Charlotte’s 12 month post. You’ll notice there is no 12 month picture to go along with it…I still haven’t taken her 1 year shot, and now my camera is at my parents so it will have to wait! I keep thinking if I put it off then she won’t be allowed to grow ;)
Charlotte has become such a little girl this past month. Where to begin?! She all of a sudden has such a mind of her own, and has such a sweet, funny and happy demeanor about her. One of my favorite things about Charlotte’s development right now is how much she is understanding. She LOVES giving kisses, clapping, dancing, giving hugs, pointing at everything, and “jabbering”. Her newest thing is pursing her lips out, and making funny faces at her books! She is a true imitator right now…she will point at all the same things Mommy and Daddy point to in her books when she “reads” to herself. It’s hilarious! She also knows when we say, “Where is your teddy bear (her favorite)” or “Do you want lunch?”—she will nod her head up and down. When she doesn’t want something…she waves her arms and head around and makes a loud grunting noise. Charlotte says, “Dada” all the time, and can say “yuck”, “ba”, “da-goo”, “nigh nigh” and has been exploring many other sounds. I wonder what she is trying to say?!
Charlotte is still on the move crawling everywhere. Just this past week she has really started to stand up on everything consistantly. She hasn’t started cruising yet, but I have a feeling it will happen any day now. She loves standing at her toy bin and chucking everything out of it at least 5 times a day. Lots of fun….! She will also crawl on her tippy toes when wearing a dress so she can move faster. Clever little girl.
Charlotte went from being Miss Picky Eater—to Miss “Eat Anything” Lady! She now eats 3 meals a day, and 2 snacks. We are finally off formula in her cereal, and onto whole milk! She won’t drink it straight from the cup yet, but has no problem with it in her cereal or mac and cheese. She loves pretty much all fruit, especially plums and bananas, cheese, puffs, cheerios, crackers, broccoli (!), mac and cheese (with meat mixed in), oatmeal, yogurt, toast with jelly, and pretty much any kind of soup. It’s so nice to be able to give her what we’re eating without putting up a fight!
Our favorite game is a chasing game where Andrew or I will chase her around the house. She LOVES this game…and will squeal in delight whenever we play. She really loves her Daddy, and knows that when he is around it’s silly time! She loves her Mimi and her Grams and Granny, and although we know she loves Pop-Pop, Grandpa and Gramps…she is still a little cautious around the men. Charlotte also loves animals, especially “doggies”. She gets very excited when she sees Reilly at my parents, and is always looking for him when I say the word. She is still a book lover, enjoys music and dancing, and her favorite toy right now is her stuffed teddy bear. She sleeps with him, and it is so precious.
It truly is amazing to see all the things a baby can learn in one year. The miracle of life, and our ever changing and learning daughter amazes me everyday. We have the best time with our little “Reba”, and look forward to waking up to her smiles every morning. We are SO PROUD of all you are doing each and everyday Charlotte Grace!
The countdowns are on—5 days until Charlotte’s first birthday, and 17 days until our wedding! Lots on my mind this week:
- We are having a birthday party for Charlotte on Saturday. I don’t think my head is screwed on right, because I titled it a “BBQ Birthday”….and it is in the middle of September. Luckily, the weather is on my side, and it looks like it will be sunny and warm! BBQ it is!
- Andrew is away this week in Columbus. Great timing. Yesterday proved to be one of the toughest balancing acts as a Mommy I have had—I had a 10am appointment downtown with our florist and reception director, and then class at 4pm. My Mom, who usually watches Charlotte on Tuesdays, had a really tough day with work, so I hired our first babysitter! My friend Gina from school came in the morning, and Charlotte had a GREAT time. What a relief! I then came home, and packed her up for Mimi’s, headed to class and then picked her up around 8pm. It was a loooong day. I am thankful I’m not a single Mom…
- Did I mention I have been going back to yoga? Well, I’m obsessed again. Actually, that is one of the hardest things about Andrew being away….no chance to go to yoga! I did some in our living room tonight, but it’s really not the same…
- I had a dream last night that Charlotte was speaking in full sentences. I think I cried in the dream…I’m really not ready for her to grow up!
- Did anyone see the two-part Dr. Phil interview with Casey Anthony’s parents? I have to admit, I really didn’t follow the trial until the very end, but after seeing this interview I am appalled the jury wasn’t able to convict her. It looks like her parents aren’t on her side either…Dr. Phil does a nice job in the interview, and they really opened up a lot. I just can’t imagine ANYONE doing something like that to a little child. It makes me very sad…
Happy Wednesday! See you next week when my baby becomes a TODDLER… !
Today is my first real day as a 27 year old, and I am feeling great! Here is what’s on my mind this week:
- Balancing school with everything else hasn’t been as hard as I had anticipated. This may or may not be because last week was “syllabus week” and my class was cancelled last night, so we really haven’t had a chance to dive into our work yet. Either way, I’ll take it!
- I’m so excited for the new fall TV lineup. RHOBH kicked it off (Andrew’s least favorite DVR “crowd-er”). Gossip Girl(anxious to see what happens with the pregnancy scare!), GLEE!, a new OPRAH series on OWN, and Rachel Zoe just to name a few. I’m a DVR junkie..I’ll admit it!
- Oh, did I mention we have a wedding coming up in….24 days?! Yes, there’s that! I have my wedding dress fitting on Friday and I am very very excited. One of my close college friend’s is getting married this weekend too…love is in the air!
- I have been back at hot yoga 2-3 times a week for the past few weeks, and it has made a world of difference in my life. I feel more peaceful, centered, strong, and it is helping with those last few pounds before the wedding. My only regret is not going back sooner!
- My birthday yesterday was the best I have had in a very long time—maybe ever! Andrew came home from work with a huge bouquet of flowers that I had to separate between 2 vases, my favorite champagne (Veuve Cliquot), Sir Pizza and a very sweet prayer book for Moms (from Charlotte) that brought me to tears. We said “no gifts” this year because of everything we have going on, but his gestures were the best kind of gift, and I am even more in love with him today. He even agreed to watch “Something Borrowed” with me on On Demand. Now that’s a great guy!
Enjoy the first week of fall and treat yourself to a pumpkin spiced latte! Happy Wednesday!
Today I am linking up with Kelly’s Korner for SUYL favorite blogs! I have to admit, I have MANY favorites. I really started getting into reading blogs when I became a Mommy, but I have had a few favorites for several years. Here are my top 5 faves:
The Blue Eyed Bride Erin has become one of my favorite daily reads. She is a young Mom with 2 little boys, and really has a way of telling it like it is. She mainly blogs about her family life, what it means to her to be a Christian, and what’s happening in the “blog world”. It was because of Erin’s blog that I found out about the Tracy Turpen photography contest, and WON…so I am very grateful to have connected with her!
Emphasis Added! Emily has been one of my favorites for quite some time now. She is a new Mom, but I started reading her blog before she and her husband were expecting children. Emily has SUCH an amazing way of writing, and really makes you feel like you can find a “happy place” where ever you are in your life. She is one of the most positive women I have “read” and I love her enthusiasm for life, motherhood, friendship, health, family values and life in Chicago. She also has one of th4e CUTEST little babies I have ever seen! Hazel is almost as cute as Charlotte ;)
Dear Baby This blog started out as a series of letters for Melissa’s first child, Everly (LOVE that name!). She is now a few years into writing, and has just had her second child, little Arlo. Melissa is another amazing writer, who is very passionate about everything in life. She is a strong Christian, and I admire the way she seems to balance being a Mom, working full time, and writing. Her husband is also an incredible singer/songwriter, and they both seem like a very poetic couple. Many of Melissa’s posts have brought me to tears on an early Monday morning!
Create.Live.Design Although, she doesn’t post as often as some of my other “faves”…Natalie is worth the few posts a week because they are always filled with a lot of heart and depth! Natalie has 2 young children, Bennett and Emory. Emory is only a few days older than Charlotte, so it’s been fun to watch them grow “together”! AND…she is now expecting a third child! I can’t imagine. Natalie is an interior designer and an amazing photographer, so her blog is usually filled with gorgeous pictures and charm in every post.
(b)log I couldn’t do a faves blog post without sharing someone I (sort of) know. Brittany is close friend’s with one of MY very close friends, Mary Grace. I have gotten to know Brittany through the blogging world, and LOVE her (b)log. She is a runner, foodie, and always has something fun and witty to say. Every time I read her blog, I want to make or eat something delicious.
There are SO MANY other blogs I read everyday, but these are just a few of my favorites. The blogging world has become such a sort of connection for me with other Moms across the world…I have found many women who share similar experiences as I have, and it is fun to check up on what other people are doing, or how they are raising their babies. I hope I am able to send as much encouragement to Moms and other women as these ladies have for me!