Today is the last day of November! That means I spent some time decorating today and listening to Christmas music. It’s a good day. What’s on my mind this week:
- This week has been full of projects, papers and procrastination. The three “P’s”. I felt overwhelmed, so instead of diving into all that I have due…I let it go, and ended up working at the last minute. And once I got my papers going? Not so bad at all. Isn’t that the way it usually works?
- I’m tired. The “can’t keep my eyes open” kind of tired. This morning I took advantage of Charlotte’s nap and took one myself. It didn’t work…I’m still tired!
- We decided to cut back on our spending by getting rid of our cable last week. I knew it was coming, but when Andrew called on the way home from work letting me know we only had until midnight for a last chance at TV? I was upset. I now realize, even though I don’t spend a TON of time watching TV, that I may be addicted to “my shows”. We now have no cable, but have Netflix along with Netflix streaming. I am now newly addicted to “Friday Night Lights” which has not helped with my procrastination!
- I have found myself thinking back to last Christmas and how little Miss C was. It’s amazing to think that one year ago we put up our tree and our little angel sat in her bouncer staring at the lights and colors, cooing and smiling. We have yet to put the tree up, but I know this year will be different. This year, she will know what a tree is…and this year…she may not sit still and admire it so nicely. I realize each year will be a new change, and that in itself is exciting :).
- Did I mention I darkened my hair last week? Probably not. It’s not a huge change, but I like it and love that it will be another way to cut down on our spending. Scroll down to our Thanksgiving pics, and see for yourself!
Happy Wednesday. We are expecting snow tonight…just in time for December!